Employment Type: Full-Time
The overall purpose of this position is to perform routine, non-routine, quantitative and qualitative oil analysis, essential to operations. Employee will evaluate the chemical and physical properties of various organic and inorganic substances, in order to investigate their applications for optimized utilization. Employee should have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the science and mathematics field. Other important tasks include, but are not limited to; monitoring of new and used oils to ensure compliance with applicable specifications, interpreting results, preparing documentation for technical support, and following safety protocols as to provide a safe and controlled environment compatible for team-orientated work.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Receiving and processing oil samples to analyze, make determination, and report the data to the appropriate recipients.
* Analyze daily samples with in a 24-hour period (in coordination with other shifts).
* Consumable inventory and stocking. Maintenance and cleaning of lab, and lab equipment.
* Procedural preparation of chemical solutions and standards.
* Set up and conduct tests utilizing Gas Chromatography, ICP Mass Spectrometry, and/or by chemical and physical techniques.
* Frequent use of computer software (Outlook, Excel, TC Navigator, Win Lab, etc)
* Verbal and electronic communication of test results to appropriate parties.
* Perform other duties and tasks assigned or requested by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
* Associates degree or higher preferred.
* 1-2 years of experience in lab setting preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must be available for weekends, nights, and holidays.
* Ability and dexterity required to accurately perform routine tasks within time and space parameters.
* Comprehension of basic science and mathematical concepts, including algebra.
* Ability to work with and without direct supervision; relies on instruction and pre-established methodology to perform the functions of the job.
* Team player; proven ability to collaborate and work well with others.
* Must attend initial and annual safety training.
* Must meet safety stipulations set by federal, state and local regulatory agencies
* Skills to effectively communicate information through speaking, writing and to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
* Must possess the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
* Solution provider - possesses strong analytical skills and ability to anticipate issues before they arise.
* Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
* Able to exercise great initiative independent judgment.
* Physically able to lift 50+ pounds, operate hand tools, vacuum pumps, compressors, and gas cylinders.
* Mentally able to stay on task and follow directions.
* Mentally able to handle stressful situations with professionalism.
* Lab coverage is 24/7 and extends to weekends and holidays.
* Shift hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 6:00pm to 4:30am.
* Indoors; environmentally controlled setting.
* PPE; primarily including gloves, safety glasses, and/or masks
* Exposure to forklift traffic, mechanical parts, wet surfaces, low and high noise levels as well as hazardous waste, and chemical exposure.
* Ability to work in close proximity of, and with other employees of the lab.