Healthcare Business Intelligence Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Healthcare Business Intelligence Analyst
FLSA: Exempt / Salaried
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: This position will provide business intelligence support to the financial and clinical operations of the practice and is responsible for collecting, scrubbing and extracting various sources to generate reports, dashboards and analytical solutions. This position will routinely perform and manage standard and advanced reporting/analytics and derive insights to drive business decisions and operations. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate, complete and timely standard/ad-hoc reporting, often under specific and time-sensitive deadlines. This role is responsible for maintaining the charge master within the practice management system (PM) as well as cost and reimbursement analysis. This includes updating and monitoring the integrity of the charge master to ensure accurate and consistent data within PM and any ancillary system to which the charge master is deployed. This position maintains contractual payer data and fee schedules and oversees the daily charge reconciliation process to include fee schedule updates. This position will also assist in the design and development of data feeds, interfaces, SQL Server Data Warehouses and other related needs.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: This position reports to the Compensation and Revenue Integrity Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone and copier required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. This position involves frequent contact with staff, patients, and the public.
GENERAL DUTIES: (This list may not include all duties assigned.)
* Creates clear and concise reporting on requested business metrics using Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Crystal Reports, Tableau and other reporting tools.
* Extracts, analyzes and interprets healthcare and/or financial data to address practice needs.
* Supports management with analytics and reporting for strategic initiatives.
* Designs, builds, tests and ensures reports are implemented, maintained and updated based on established business requirements.
* Collaborates with management and other business process owners to gather report requirements and specifications for the design and delivery of reporting solutions and to provide meaningful and credible feedback on reporting capabilities and needs.
* Evaluates recurring requests to determine when data can be incorporated into standard monthly reports.
* Maintains the PM charge master to optimize contractual rate reimbursement and cost benefits.
* Reviews charge master maintenance requests to ensure requests are completed according to policy. Identifies and resolves any issues as they arise.
* Performs all required data entry for maintenance of the charge master and payer fee schedules.
* Coordinates communication of charge master maintenance to all affected departments.
* Performs periodic audits of the charge master to ensure data integrity.
* Performs regular contract analysis to identify and correct contractual allowable to payment variances.
* Maintains cost margin data for drugs and billable supplies to produce cost to reimbursement comparative analysis reporting.
* Monitors external regulatory changes to ensure compliance.
* Act as a back-up for monthly/yearly PM financial close and reporting.
* Assists with completion of special projects as requested by various internal departments or from regulatory, contracted or other external agencies.
* Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE UTILIZED: NextGen EPM, MS Power BI, Crystal Reports, Access, SQL, Office365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
EDUCATION: An Associate degree from an accredited institution is required. Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science, Data Analytics, Health Services Management is preferred or the fields of Business, Accounting or Finance. Consideration will also be given to candidates with substantial relevant experience.
* Minimum (3) years of experience in IT relational databases and SQL reporting of increasingly complex experience in quantifying, measuring and analyzing financial performance and management performance metrics.
* Knowledge of medical revenue cycle and practice management systems, insurance billing, charge entry, payment posting, and adjustments and/or knowledge of core accounting principles will be an advantage to any candidate
* Advanced/Expert level with Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (Power BI, MS Excel including pivot tables, lookups, and logical formulas).
* Proficient knowledge of MS Access is required with preference given to candidates with Crystal Reports experience.
* Ability to organize, maintain and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources using various database management tools.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have a strong sense of team commitment, which includes meeting deadlines, punctuality and excellent follow-through and feedback.
* Skill in exercising sound judgement, discretion and decision making to achieve objectives.
* Ability to form positive and collaborative relationships with peers and physicians at all levels within the practice.
* Must possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills and have the ability to create a favorable impression for the organization to all staff, patients and the public.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.