Warehouse Associate - Marlborough, MA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Piedmont Plastics is the leading distributor and fabricator for the delivery and conversion of plastic sheet, rod, tube and film products. Established in 1968, we are the largest independent plastic distribution company with 51 locations and over 500 employees located throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. 'Piedmont Plastics is 'Where Solutions Take Shape'.
Piedmont Plastics is looking for an exceptional Warehouse Associate to add to its Marlborough team. If you are a highly motivated, self-starting, warehouse professional with a strong work ethic, a solid work history along with previous warehouse experience, we have a home for you. We believe hard work and results deserve the utmost rewards, and we offer an excellent compensation package with outstanding employee benefits.
In this position you will be required to:
* Read sales orders to determine items to be picked, packed and/or shipped
* Convey materials and items from receiving to storage racks or to other designated areas
* Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets, shelves, or conveys orders to packing station for shipping
* Use proper packing techniques for protecting products during shipping as noted in work instructions
* Utilize computer or bar code scanner to enter records, tack material and control inventory
* Drive forklift to transport material
* Responsible for general warehouse housekeeping and safe work habits
* At least one year of experience working in a warehouse environment
* Minimum of one year experience driving a forklift
* A high school diploma or GED
* Ability to lift up to a maximum of 100 pounds
* A stable work history of at least 9 months
* Experience using a computer
* A positive attitude and are a team player
* Industry leading wages
* A generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching savings plan and paid time off
* An opportunity to work in a growing industry
Please use the Apply Now button to apply for this position
With the large amount of applications expected to be received for this position, only applicants that meet the minimum hiring criteria will be considered for this position.
No Phone calls from applicants or staffing firms, please.
Piedmont Plastics is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.