Global HR Business Partner
Employment Type: Full-Time
Global Human Resource Business Partner
Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Department: Human Resources
Plug Power is the leading provider of clean hydrogen and zero-emission fuel cell solutions that are both cost-effective and reliable. With more than 35,000 fuel cell units deployed, and more than 20 years of innovation, Plug Power is the largest buyer of liquid hydrogen and has built more hydrogen refueling stations than anyone else in the world.
Green hydrogen represents a cornerstone of Plug Power's long-term vertical integration strategy, and we believe it will be essential to our efforts to build a modern clean hydrogen economy.
Green hydrogen generation and storage are key support components to our strategy and plans to have green hydrogen account for more than 50% of Plug Power's hydrogen usage by 2024. We are poised to become one of the largest green hydrogen generation companies in the world.
As a Global HR Business Partner on the Plug Power Human Resources team, you will provide Strategic HR leadership for a critical business unit or function. You will be a thought leader providing key insights and strategies related to talent and culture. As a member of the newly established business unit/functional team, you will work closely with leadership to drive the business forward by ensuring a progressive approach to overall HR needs.
At Plug Power we value innovation and infinite drive, offering loyal, honest, and people-first services to clients like Amazon, Kroger, and Walmart. As a strategic leader, you will enable business success by defining the human resource needs and driving initiatives to address those needs - ensuring they support the BU's strategic vision and business plan. In this role, you'll have a proactive approach to establishing a true partnership with the General Manager and BU leadership team. Thriving in this role requires balancing strategic leadership with hands-on work and embracing a fast-paced environment. If you have a proven background in identifying the HR implications of a business strategy and operationalizing talent plans to enable success this can be an exciting career opportunity for you to join an organization that is building sustainable new technologies for a better future. Willing to consider candidates anywhere in the USA.
* Leadership: Build strategic relationships to help advance HR strategy
* Relationship Building: Earn trust to influence and inspire behavior toward a collaborative outcome; develop strong trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results.
* Business Acumen: Understands the company's and BU's business goals and objectives, the business process, and impact of individual actions on business performance.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
* Influencing: Have a positive impact on others to build buy-in and gain support from key stakeholders; ability to lead without authority
Core Duties and Responsibilities
* Partner with BU leadership to drive business results, aligning HR programs with strategic objectives and annual business goals.
* Collaborate with the BU leadership team to set direction, priorities, and culture expectations.
* Develop integrated HR solutions to support business goals and objectives, partnering with HR COEs as needed
* Identify, define, and implement solutions that address the talent needs of the business while considering the broader implications
* Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business's financial position, strategic plans, and competition
* Serve as an integral member of the HR Leadership team providing updates on the overall state and strategic plans for the business unit and collaborating with HR Leadership team members on programs needed to support the BU
* Assess and anticipate talent related needs within the BU, aligning with GM, and partnering with the HR COEs to identify solutions
* Work with the GM to establish a sound talent plan that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the business - focusing on management succession, identifying capability gaps, and identifying high potential talent
* Influence and drive organizational change strategies in support of the business plans, continuously taking the BU pulse regarding changing perspectives on key issues
* Act as a thought partner, sounding board, and trusted advisor to the General Manager
* Provide guidance and coaching to senior leaders within the business unit
* Ensure compliance of all HR practices to legislative and regulatory requirements, standards, and other known relevant policies and guidelines
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or equivalent; MBA/Master's Degree preferred; HR certification a plus
* 10+ years of broad-based Human Resources experience
* 5 years' experience in a strategic HR Business Partner role, preferably supporting a growth business on a global scale
* Strong experience with leading organizational design, workforce planning, leadership development, skills assessment, succession planning, and performance management at a BU or similar level
* Demonstrated ability to proactively identify HR needs and make recommendations for implementation
* Proven success interfacing and maintaining effective relationships within a cross functional team
* Strong experience with identifying the HR implications of business strategies and plans
* Proven track record of proactively driving HR solutions to meet evolving business needs
* Ability to evaluate and implement sophisticated HR-related programs and initiatives strategically and tactically
* Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation strategies, organizational design, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and employment laws.
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.