Employment Type: Full-Time
The Systems Analyst recommends approaches for the design of a business solution by interacting with Business Partners and System Engineers. By developing technical specifications, the System Analyst will clearly articulate an approach to meet Business Goals. In order to accomplish this goal they act as a liaison between vendors, technical staff and the Business Partners. Systems Analyst will also configure code in our Claims Pro.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Develop relationships with client personnel that foster positive client relationships
* Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
* Conduct effective project progress evaluations in a timely manner
* Communicate information to the development team by writing technical specifications documents
* Prepare presentations using standard format and conduct sessions with business and technical audience
* Adhere to the project's timeline and keep the Project Manager apprised of status, issues, and progress; attend project status and team meetings
* Demonstrate interpersonal skills needed to establish good rapport, generate enthusiasm, negotiate priorities, and to resolve conflicts between various groups
* Prepare both written and verbal communications in a professional manner Deliver information in a concise and professional format to staff in a formal setting
* Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
* Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
* Work with other team members to ensure timely and high quality deliverables
* Code/Configure changes in Claims Pro.
* Thoroughly Unit Test all configuration/development
* Participate in System Testing process, with QA team
* Participate in User Acceptance Testing process
* Document test cases and use them for long term regression testing
Education and Experience:
* Solid insurance background, specifically in Claims
* Minimum of 1 year of Associate Systems Analyst or Business Analyst-related experience
* BA/BS degree required (computer science or related field preferred)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Project).
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner's insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 2,000 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of 'A-/Excellent'.