Hotel Maintenance Manager - Marriott
Employment Type: Full-Time
What You'll Do:
We want you to look after this hotel as if it were your home. You'll make sure broken things get fixed, and more importantly, you'll create a detailed program to ensure they don't break in the first place. From the little everyday details - maintenance of our guestrooms, public space, and the back of the house - to the big capital plans that help our hotels maintain their fresh appeal, you'll schedule, direct, and follow up to ensure each project reaches completion. You'll make sure we have the right tools and equipment and keep them organized, and that chemicals and hazardous materials are used and stored properly. You'll make sure work is performed safely and efficiently.
Here are some of the tasks you will complete on a daily basis:
* Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
* Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
* Lead, manage and communicate information about capital projects and property rehabilitation.
* Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
* Hire, train, evaluate, and lead all maintenance staff.
Where You've Been:
You have at least 3 years of management or supervisory experience in a hotel and have experience with several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping. You're able to perform in a high-paced environment with multiple tasks and deadlines and able to effectively respond to emergencies.
When You're Here:
Although you'll sometimes be behind the desk, be prepared to move around because you will be standing/sitting, carrying/lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, bending/twisting, climbing stairs and more. Be prepared to be on call at all times in case of emergency including nights, weekends, and holiday. But wait, there's a great upside: in exchange for your flexibility, we offer excellent pay, hotel discounts, F&B discounts and the opportunity to be part of an anything-but-standard growing hotel company.