Medical Assistant or LPN - Family Medicine
Employment Type: Full-Time
All Employees of Premier Medical Group are required to demonstrate our core values of Integrity, Respect and Compassion throughout their employment with us, placing patients first. Our employees must commit to always acknowledging our patients positively; showing genuine concern for their needs, identifying themselves and how they and others on the team can help, keeping patients informed and offering thanks for choosing and trusting us with their healthcare needs.
Essential Functions: (Examples of Duties)
* Greets and escorts patients to exam room using appropriate procedures and in a timely fashion.
* Takes vital signs and assists patients in patient flow through the office.
* Prepares exam rooms and instruments for examination and testing. Stocks supplies. Sterilizes instruments when used or assigned.
* Labels and maintains proper storage for specimens and tests. Delivers tests and obtains results.
* Assists provider with minor diagnostic procedures and treatments as directed.
* Schedules patients for testing procedures.
* Processes prescription refills as directed by provider.
* Observes, records, and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Administers prescribed medications and treatments as directed.
* Works clinical inbox of the provider.
* Performs and reports in-house lab testing.
* Ability to effectively and efficiently navigate and document in EHR.
* Performs telephone triage per established guidelines and documents accordingly.
* Attends required meetings, in-services and participates in committee work as requested.
* Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines.
Education: Graduation from an accredited medical assisting or nursing program.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year clinical experience in an outpatient medical office using an EHR, preferred
Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment.
Skill in taking vital signs. Skill in maintaining records and recording test results. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, staff and the public.
Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions. Ability to communicate clearly.
Licenses/Certifications: High School Diploma or equivalent. Medical Assisting Degree or Diploma from accredited Allied Health Professional Education Institution or valid Nursing License in the state of TN, if applicable. CPR certification
Working Conditions: Exposure to communicable, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. May be require to help lift/transfer patient. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.