FAMILY SERVICES ASSISTANT I
Employment Type: Part-Time
This position supports and assists families as they identify and meet their own goals, to nurture the development of their children in the context of their family and culture, and advocates for communities that are supportive of children and families of all cultures. May be reassigned to various caseloads or centers/sites as deemed necessary for program operations.
* High school diploma / GED and is required to complete a 45 hour entry level course or an approved three credit early care and education course or equivalent approved by the New Mexico Children Youth & Families Department prior to or within six months of hire AND within 18 months of hire receives a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or related field; OR
* High school diploma / GED and a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, a New Mexico Child Development Certificate (CDC), or equivalent AND within 18 months of hire receives a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or related field; OR
* One year certificate in Early Childhood Education AND within 18 months of hire receives a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or related field; OR
* AA/AAS or BA/BS degree in Human Services, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Family Studies, Social Work or related field. A degree is considered related only when it includes six or more courses in one of the above mentioned fields.
* Experience working with families in case management or resource and referral preferred.
* Bilingual Spanish or Navajo preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certifications within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements listed in the document 'BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources' posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certifications current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
* Health exam (and annually thereafter in accordance with PMS Policies).
* TB Test (and upon exposure in accordance with PMS Policies).
In accordance with the federal Head Start Act, Section 648A(g) and the New Mexico Administrative Code 8.8.3., this position requires:
* Criminal Background Checks.
* May be required to use personal transportation to carry out job duties.
* Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
* Must provide a current motor vehicle record.
* Must provide current personal owner liability automobile insurance and must maintain the insurance coverage throughout the course of employment in this position.
* Must submit to a motor vehicle record check on an as needed basis and maintain a satisfactory driving record that is within the limitations of PMS Human Resources Policy II.D.3, Automobile Usage, and applicable state and federal laws.
* Must comply with PMS Policies on Automobile Usage, II.D.3, Drug Free Workplace, III.H and applicable state and federal laws.
* May be required to complete transportation related trainings.