STEM Camp Facilitator - PMSA Summer Flight 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: STEM Camp Facilitator- Proviso Summer Flight 2021
Reports to: Summer School Principal
Proviso Township High Schools District 209 is seeking facilitators for its summer flight program. Facilitators will organize and supervise STEM and recreational activities for campers. Full training will be provided.
Camp dates: June 28, 2021 - July 19, 2021; No camp July 5, 2021
Monday - Thursday. No camp on Fridays.
Training dates: TBD
Instructor hours: 8:30 am - 12:15 pm
Minimum 30 college hours; Must have strong communication skills and a caring personality. Must have patience and be comfortable facilitating both educational and team building activities. Experience with high school students a plus.
* Mentor and coach campers on strategies that encourage active learning, application, interaction, participation, and collaboration.
* Provide high-quality STEM and team building opportunities.
* Organize and lead various small and large group activities.
* Promote student success through clear expectations, prompt responses, and regular feedback.
* Supervise campers and ensure their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
* Assist in maintaining accurate program records, including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
* Know and understand all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
* Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines.
Professionally Related Competencies
* Perform promptly the responsibilities stipulated in Board of Education policies and administrative procedures.
* Model and enforce school rules, policies, and procedures.
* Cooperate with other educational personnel.
* Reflect on professional practice and make necessary adjustments to ensure student success.
* Attend each day of the program. Absences, for any reason, will result in a reduced stipend payment.
* Be punctual in arrival times.