State and Local Tax - Mergers and Acquisitions - Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
A career within State and Local Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You'll help with assessing our client's state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules.
Our team helps our clients transform risk and compliance related to state and local taxes into a business advantage by aligning their state tax plan with the business strategy. You'll help with issues related to abandoned and unclaimed property, income and franchise tax, payroll and employment tax, credits and incentives, and indirect tax.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
* Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
* Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
* Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
* Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
* Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
* Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
* Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
* Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
* Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
* Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
* Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We're leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients' needs
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA or Active Member of the Bar
Preferred Fields of Study:
Thorough knowledge of the state and local tax issues affecting mergers and acquisitions for corporate structures, private equity, post-deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency. Considerable knowledge of tax consulting and planning, transaction structuring for tax issues, restructuring, due diligence, strategy formulation and financial modeling.
Comprehensive technical skills, including the application and interpretation of state and local income tax law as it relates to Subchapter C corporations, Subchapter S corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, corporate bankruptcies and insolvencies, tax efficient structuring, and use of debt. Comprehensive technical skills with technical writing and reviewing of opinion letters and memoranda, as well as tax due diligence exercises.
Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs by:
* Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
* Communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and,
* Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a 'One Firm' service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
* Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
* Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients; and,
* Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements
Knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradotaxmanager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.