PRN LPN Staff Nurse - Days
Employment Type: Full-Time
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Site Administrator/Coordinator the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides nursing services to patients within a correctional environment. The LPN delivers nursing care as directed by the Physician within the scope of the State Board of Nursing Practice for the LPN.
* Assess and report changes in patient's condition.
* Obtain patient history
* Assist with examinations and/or treatments and document correctly.
* Implement triage/sick-call procedures designed for the facility
* Administer medications in accordance with nursing standards and correctional regulations
* Accurately document all patient information, nursing assessments and interventions
* Read and comply with new standards, correctional regulations and /or QCHC directives
* Actively participate in the inmate health education program
* Complete all assignments within the prescribed time frame
* Maintain a clean and orderly environment in the workplace including patient rooms
* Maintain patient confidentiality
* Demonstrate the ability to perform all required technical skills appropriately and safely
* Demonstrate understanding of the health care mission of the unit and the place of his/her assignment in the completion of the mission
* Provide assistance to co-workers as needed to assure that the shared mission of the unit is optimally fulfilled
* Assist in orientation of new staff members as requested
* Actively participate in continuous quality improvement activities
* Attend ALL mandatory meetings and 80% of non-mandatory meetings a year
* Utilize appropriate/effective verbal and written communication
* Comply with QCHC attendance policy as identified in the Employee Handbook
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.