Senior Financial Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or a similar discipline
* 2 years of finance, public accounting or data science experience (or commensurate quantitative analysis experience)
* Advanced proficiency in reporting/analysis with Excel (macros, nested if statements, pivots, lookups)
* Elite analytical skills, including the ability to research problems with incomplete information, to determine the best course of action and to be prepared to defend rationale with facts and business reasoning
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to effectively engage with peers and senior leaders
* Ability to multitask, while working under tight deadlines and maintaining a high level of quality
* Experience building processes from the ground up
* High energy and sense of accountability for delivering a high-quality work product
* Significant financial modeling experience
* Experience in the mortgage or financial services industry
* Experience with ERP systems like Workday and/or financial planning and reporting tools like Adaptive
* CPA or MBA
The Senior Financial Analyst partners with various functional areas of the company to provide financial support that enables strategic decision making from leaders across the business. This includes identifying and driving efficiency, revenue and cost opportunities across Quicken Loans. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst takes a proactive role in providing thought leadership and driving robust business planning and analysis within the broader Finance function.
* Develop driver-based financial models that provide a dynamic framework for decision making
* Lead financial planning and analysis activities (monthly forecasting and variance analysis) for select business areas
* Prepare various executive-level financial presentations and deliverables
* Analyze the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions and formulate recommendations to senior leadership
* Work cross-functionally with a variety of business units within Quicken Loans (and the broader Rock Family of Companies) to collaborate on financial analyses and derive strategic conclusions
* Support development of junior analysts through work product review and real-time coaching
* Drive process changes within the Finance group, as applicable
* Lead financially oriented ad hoc projects, as requested
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans 'Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination' for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's '100 Best Companies to Work For' list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the '#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans.'
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.