Visual Designer - Retail Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
Every day, you'll discover the unexpected at Zulily. New and unique finds at prices you can brag about. For yourself. For your family. For your home. Zulily Creative is the in-house creative agency dedicated to crafting compelling brand stories for moms around the world. Whether through design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Zulily's dynamic story to shoppers around the world. Our mission is to deliver joy on a daily basis, surprising and delighting our customers through new products and experiences. Zulily Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our internal teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, delivering a fun shopping experience with great products at unbeatable prices.
We are looking for a Designer with our Retail Creative Team to concept, design and develop creative executions that support the Zulily brand and meet our business and strategic objectives for our shopping experience and marketing channels.
What you'll do:
* Leverage brand guidelines and design systems to develop engaging layouts, designs, and illustrations for the homepage and integrated marketing campaigns with oversight and guidance from creative leadership.
* Collaborate with copywriters, photographers, stylists, and other internal stakeholders to develop designs aimed at driving customer engagement and awareness.
* Own, deliver, and manage projects across multiple cross-functional teams to create beautiful and engaging creative solutions within deadline parameters.
* Present and articulate design decisions to peers, partners, and leadership.
* Maintain Zulily design templates across all platforms with impeccable attention to detail and innovation in mind so that they are in line with brand standards and best practices.
* 2-3 years of design experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and high-volume production environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
* Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
* An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating online retail and/or marketing campaigns and user-centered design solutions.
* Command of standard design principles: color, typography, and layout.
* Demonstrated knowledge and ability to design for accessibility standards.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to react quickly and calmly to changing needs and priorities to meet deadlines.
* Able to partner effectively across stakeholders and peers, with the ability to give and receive feedback.
* Excellent communication skills, able to talk through your work and positively receive art direction and creative feedback. Comfortable giving input to peers.
* Animation/motion design (After Effects, Premiere)
* Experience uploading in content management systems.
* Familiarity with HTML, CSS, or other coding languages.
* Illustration skills
* Continuous curiosity, knowledge, and enthusiasm for women-focused content and e-commerce.