Associate Manager Quality Control
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position is responsible for the overall operation of the Analytical Chemistry laboratory within the Evansville Quality Control Organization. This is a fast-paced, high output production lab, responsible for testing and release of finished product, intermediate materials, and raw materials. This role will provide strategic guidance and subject matter expertise to the organization for issues related to analytical chemistry. This position is further responsible to actively assure that laboratory operations are compliant with applicable regulations and internal standards.
* Manage the daily & strategic operation of the analytical chemistry labs, overseeing personnel, equipment, and processes.
* Provide technical support to quality, operations, R&D, and the global analytical community within RB.
* Communicate effectively with management and other cross functional peers to quickly resolve quality issues.
* Monitor key performance indicators and take timely action to continue providing excellent service to the organization
* Use lean principles to drive continuous improvement in laboratory operations, including the on-going evaluation of testing strategy and supply costs
* Understand regulatory requirements and create an environment of compliance within team
* Develops team and builds an effective operating culture. Develop team members to ensure a robust knowledge base in the lab and establish subject matter experts in key areas.
* Provide ongoing coaching and assessment of personnel through performance program. Manage compliance with all HR policies and administer employee relation matters timely and effectively.
* Ensures safe work environment and safe behaviors for self and coworkers.
* QC budget accountability and maintenance
* Occasional travel may be required.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or related degree required
* Experience: Minimum of 5 years in Quality food manufacturing environment, including management/supervision experience.
* In depth knowledge of analytical chemistry, advanced lab instrumentation, and food testing methodology is required.
* Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
* Excellent administration and communication skills, both verbal and written are required
* Established leadership and team building capabilities are desired
* Knowledge of GMP, HACCP, OSHA, and FDA regulations are desired.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is desired
* Strong computer skills are desired, with knowledge of MS office, SAP, Optiva, and GLIMS being beneficial
* Prior experience managing costs and driving improvements is desired
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organisation.
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.
Nearest Major Market: Evansville