Residential Construction Home Services Market Manager - South Los Angeles
Employment Type: Full-Time
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor. As a full-service brokerage, we combine our own technology and real estate agents to make buying and selling a home faster, easier, and more efficient. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you'll be both challenged and inspired every day. If you're passionate about delighting customers and transforming the real estate industry, join us.
A diverse, inclusive culture is vital to Redfin's mission of making real estate better for people from all walks of life. We're proud that Redfin is a place where different points of view and backgrounds are encouraged and respected. We constantly strive to build a company that reflects the world around us, based on our conviction that pursuing and developing talent of all types is the only way for a business to thrive over the long haul.
Our new Redfin Home Services team brings a higher level of convenience and certainty to the home selling and buying process. As a Home Services Market Manager, you will be in charge of leading all construction, renovation and sales for an entire Market.
* Responsible for all local market business field operations and P&L
* Leads team of Project Superintendents and Concierge Representatives
* Hire, train, and develop team to achieve maximum efficiency
* Renovation budgeting and scheduling
* Sources, prequalifies and negotiates vendor partnerships and works closely with Vendor Management to on board new vendors to meet local demand needs.
* Review and approve proposals to ensure accuracy and profitability
* Responsible for any client escalations that may occur in the field operations department. Must be able to diffuse situations and exhibit a high level of customer service competency thus ensuring all clients receive positive contact any time an issue has been escalated.
* Develop, maintain and improve close relationships with local Brokerage leadership.
* Develop vendor relationships and continually build on quality benchmarks
* Develop and run a team of sales representatives
* Simultaneously manage multiple disaggregated residential projects that span large geographic areas across the entire metropolitan area.
* Ability to travel to projects on a weekly basis to review scheduled progress and quality of work performed
* Works closely with each direct report on growth and development in order to create advancement opportunities.
Desired Skills & Experience:
* At least five years of residential renovation and construction experience including but not limited to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring, roofing, glazing, concrete, drywall, stucco, locksmith, painting, lamination, and tile.
* Ability to read, interpret and influence P and L documents.
* Strong, proven ability to understand, select, develop and motivate people.
* Proven ability to reach closure in variable situations (solved by analytical, interpretive and/or constructive thinking).
* Strong organizational planning and logistic skills. Close attention to detail that will provide a productive field Superintendent output without compromising quality.
* Proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while managing internal customer and employees' expectations and resetting accordingly.
* Ability to read and interpret provided reporting and analytics on overall job, Superintendent and vendor performance. Will need to pinpoint areas of concern and know what levers pull in order to stabilize and bring performance back to an acceptable level and beyond.
* Demonstrated ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic environment. Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Processes self-performance skills allowing for up-train of employees on standards of installation and service.
* Facility using and learning new technologies. Must have smartphone skills and Microsoft office skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Will need the ability to quickly shift from Superintendent field communication to leadership and executive level communication frequently throughout each day.
What We Offer:
* Competitive compensation with potential for growth
* Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we've designed a multi-step selection process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We're excited to get to know you and hope you're ready to give this opportunity everything you've got!
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.