Certified Medication Aide
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Certified Mediation Aide will prepare, administer, and document prescribed medications per protocol
* Administers prescribed medications and treatments as defined by state regulations in accordance with company policy and procedure.
* Observe and report to the facility's charge nurse reactions and side-effects to medication shown by a resident
* Take and record vital signs prior to the administration of medication which could affect or change the vital signs
* Reports to charge nurse and documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
* Administer regularly prescribed medication which the permit holder has been trained to administer only after personally preparing (setting up) the medication to be administered
* The medication aide will document the administered medication in the resident's medication administration record
* Administer oxygen per nasal canula or a non-sealing face mask only in an emergency; immediately after the emergency, the medication aide shall verbally notify the licensed nurse on duty or on call and appropriately document the action and notification.
* Apply specifically ordered ophthalmic, OTIC, nasal, and vaginal medication
* Be able to accurately follow all principals of good medication administration
* Assist in customary daily requirements and tasks in care and treatment such as bathing, feeding, dressing, observing intake of food, care of hair, nails, moving residents from area to area, responding to calls, etc., which includes lifting, transferring
* Helps charge nurses with the cleanliness of the nursing station, medication room and supply room.
* High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
* Successful completion of State Approved Medication Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program. Good standing in the state registry is required.
* Preferred one (1) year of previous health care experience
* Must demonstrate working knowledge of Universal Precautions and the Blood Borne Pathogen rules.
The physical demands described here are representative but not necessary all inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Action Rarely Occasionally Frequently Lifting - 1-25 lbs X Lifting - 25-50 lbs X Lifting - 50+ lbs X Carrying - 1-25 lbs X Carrying - 25-50 lbs X Carrying - 50+ lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 1-25 lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 25-50 lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 50+ lbs X Sliding/Transferring - 1-25 lbs X Sliding/Transferring - 25-50 lbs X Sliding/Transferring - 50+ lbs X Standing X Sitting X Walking X Speaking X Driving X Balancing/Climbing X Stooping/Kneeling X Crouching/Crawling X Reaching X Hearing/Listening X Seeing X Turning/Twisting/Leaning X