Clinical Adjunct Faculty - Dental Hygiene
Employment Type: Part-Time
Clinical Adjunct Faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the Dental Hygiene Program. The goal of the clinical instructor is to provide instruction to dental hygiene students through demonstration and exercises while in the dental clinic area. Additional duties may include the following: supervision and evaluation of students in pre-clinical, clinical, and laboratory dental hygiene sessions for dental radiology, oral science, or dental materials lab sessions.
* Supervision of dental hygiene students in clinical and lab settings.
* Provide orientation, direction and guidance to students in the skills lab.
* Demonstrate and provide highly developed clinical skills, including preventative therapies, conventional radiographic principles, interpretation and techniques, dental materials, periodontal instrumentations and advanced periodontal techniques.
* Conduct fair and consistent evaluation of students through skill evaluations and clinical competencies.
* Demonstrate dental hygiene procedures as needed, including local anesthesia.
* Educate and train students to achieve entry-level competencies according to accreditation and program requirements.
* Assist the student in accurately recording ALL relevant pertinent information in the patient volunteer's dental record.
* Provide contributions to curriculum improvements.
* Demonstrate and promote excellence, respect, communication, courtesy, enthusiasm and teamwork.
* Attend Dental Hygiene program meetings upon request.
* Actively communicate and collaborate with the Program Director and Operations Manager to ensure clinic continuity.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
* Five plus years of clinical experience.
* Massachusetts Dental Hygiene license in good standing.
* Current local anesthesia Permit L.
* Current CPR certification (adult, child, infant, AED, choking).
* Active membership status in ADHA (American Dental Hygiene Association).
* Prior clinical and/or didactic instruction preferred, teaching methodology in continuing education.
* Current negative PPD and hepatitis vaccine.
* Infection control/HIPAA compliant.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and dental programs, Dexis and Dentrix
* Strong interpersonal, organizational oral and written communications skills including an ability to work with students, the public, vendors and faculty in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to uphold the University's commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
* Possible travel to satellite location to meet curriculum requirements, as needed.
* Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
* May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines, requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
* Frequent interruptions to assist staff and faculty.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran's status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.