Sr. Manager, Talent Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Sr. Manager, Talent Development will report to the VP, Talent, Diversity & Culture and will build, expand and enhance R+F's Talent Development function, supporting globally scalable programs and processes to deliver excellent onboarding, training & development, engagement and performance management to drive the overall strategic vision and business goals of R+F. The ideal candidate will be results-driven, have a passion for supporting the development of others, design and manage best-in-class programs, and work in partnership with all levels in the organization. This role represents an outstanding opportunity to shape the company's culture and actively influence the on-going development of our most critical asset: our people.
* Establish the learning and development ecosystem within R+F. Create and lead the global strategic framework for company-wide organizational training and employee development & engagement programs to promote a performance culture that drives business results, employee engagement and diversity & inclusion.
* Identify and design scalable solutions that include a blended approach to learning across all levels, such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning & e-learning.
* Deliver high-impact training that maximizes learner participation, comprehension and application of concepts utilizing technology, interaction and innovative tactics.
* Lead teams, whether direct reports or cross-functional partners and vendors in program design and implementation of end-to-end talent management and team development solutions that include the evaluation, design, and delivery of programs.
* Collaborate with HRBP's, Talent and HR Operations teams on design, development, and delivery of ongoing talent strategy including performance management, team and performance effectiveness, talent reviews, competency framework, and career architecture.
* Assess Learning and Development needs across all tenures and experience levels on an annual basis, working with broader Talent Team and cross-functional partners to understand and prioritize learning programs.
* Serve as an internal subject matter expert for R+F in the areas including (but not limited to):
* Leadership and Career Development
* Learning and Talent Management
* Succession Planning
* Employee Engagement
* Develop an L&D dashboard to establish and track metrics for learning program quality, impact, engagement and ROI.
* Support the design and execution of a best-in-class global onboarding program in a remote, globally distributed workforce.
* Serve as the front of the room facilitator in virtual, in-person and blended employee training, as well as the back of the room support for other facilitators.
* Partner with HRBP's during talent review/succession planning process to identify top talent, determine readiness for advancement and skills gaps, and develop learning plans to build bench strength.
* Establish a practical & creative approach to managing the Learning Management System (LMS), vendors and overall programs to ensure effectiveness and desired results.
* Support global expansion by making programs more scalable to support remote offices.
* Manage and mentor L&D team.
* Minimum 8 years' progressive experience in corporate Learning & Development or Talent Management with specific knowledge and/or expertise in talent assessment and management, learning and development, and organization effectiveness.
* Minimum of 4-5 years' experience managing and developing a high-performing team of direct reports, preferably in a distributed, global model.
* Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in Organizational Development, Psychology, Behavioral Learning, or Human Resources a plus; Master's degree in Business or related field preferred.
* Technical experience in adult learning theories and/or instructional design.
* Demonstrated experience with organizational development, curriculum design, training, and performance management as well as experience with employee engagement and performance management best practices and trends.
* Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in close collaboration with others; can shift between strategic thinking and tactical execution within a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to successfully flex across training mediums (in-person, blended, remote), tailoring to your audience and considering factors such as culture, technology and learning styles.
* Energized by and experienced with public speaking, presenting and facilitating group activities.
* Adaptable, analytical, change champion with strong communication skills.
* Ability to quickly establish and maintain effective partnering relationships and inspire trust.
* Aptitude to foster collaboration and actively seek diverse perspectives.
* Addresses challenges by encouraging candid discussion, building common understanding, and gaining agreement.
* Experience building and optimizing programs across diverse teams and integrating learning strategy and tactics with other talent management practices
* Able to be proactive, prioritize work and handle multiple assignments and priorities in a timely manner; program management experience preferred.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and keep several complex programs moving, amid changing priorities.
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives - and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada, Australia and Japan. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You'll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.