Sr. Ad Revenue Strategy Manager, Business Performance
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ready to re-write the rules of modern advertising?
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV and continues to innovate and lead the industry. While we are well-positioned to help shape the future of television - including TV advertising - around the world, continued success relies on identifying, analyzing, and executing on strategies that accelerate Roku's advertising business. This role will build end-to-end strategy for prospective business needs and opportunities in the ad business.
Our environment is fast paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision in an ever-changing environment. You will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills. The right mix of organizational and communication skills will be the key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are also essential. We are looking for people ready to lead by example, be selfless in your leadership across teams, collaborate with your peers, and partner with colleagues and external partners.
In this senior role, you will have high visibility and influence among senior executives of the company. Your mission will be to help revenue driving executives define and round out their strategies, while effectively communicating business performance and long-term revenue opportunities to the highest levels of leadership. This role requires a good mixture of a big thinker, matched with being able to analyze business trends and data. Efficient and effective written communication skills are of the utmost importance for success in this role. The primary focus will be on the strategy of defining and communicating priorities and handing off to other empowered teams to implement the greenlit strategies.
What you'll be doing
* Build end-to-end strategy for prospective business needs and opportunities in the ad business
* Craft exec-level presentations with a clear eye for clear, crisp narrative.
* Identify and scope new opportunities and needs to accelerate the advertising business
* Serve as trusted advisor to senior leadership in the ad team
* Lead strategy and execution of long-term business planning cycles
* Partner with leadership across product, research, legal, operations, data science, and more to execute on strategic initiatives
* Bring passion for developing new businesses in a collaborative culture
We're excited if you have
* 10+ years' of relevant experience in management consulting, investment banking, advertising/marketing revenue and/or corporate strategy
* Strength in storytelling and eye for design with data, text, illustration, and multimedia
* Experience leading strategic projects and identifying opportunities autonomously across a cross-functional organization
* Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills (i.e. modeling, forecasting)
* Understand and expand Roku's competitive position in the advertising industry
* 'No job is too big or too small' mentality -- you're a long-term thinker & a short-term doer.
* Located in New York City, Boston, San Jose, Chicago or Los Angeles
* Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.