Decision Analytic Modeler/Research Health Economist
Employment Type: Full-Time
RTI Health Solutions provides scientifically rigorous research and consulting services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device/diagnostic, and other healthcare industry clients. We are looking for a dynamic and talented candidate to launch their career within our Health Economics team.
As a Decision Analytic Modeler/Research Health Economist, you will work within an experienced team in a friendly and collaborative environment. As part of our team, you will perform leading-edge literature-based research and economic modeling to evaluate the humanistic and economic value of new medicines and other healthcare products.
Our research is used by pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device/diagnostic, and other healthcare technology manufacturers and Health Technology Assessment authorities worldwide to inform their decisions about the availability, pricing, and reimbursement of new healthcare interventions. We offer the opportunity to build a rich, rewarding career, tackle new challenges, publish and present your research, and enhance the depth and diversity of your skills.
This position is an office-based position that is preferably located at our Research Triangle Park Headquarters. Remote options will be considered.
* Program cost-effectiveness, budget impact, cost-of-illness, disease transmission, budget allocation, and early threshold pricing models using decision-analytic techniques such as decision trees, Markov modeling, optimization modeling, and simulation modeling with guidance from project manager
* Conduct literature reviews in a wide range of therapeutic areas. These may include systematic and targeted reviews of clinical evidence; economic models and costs studies; quality of life studies and utilities; epidemiology; and burden of-illness studies
* Contribute to high-quality scientific projects within agreed timelines and budgets
* Perform (and develop novel approaches for) analytical and detail-oriented tasks
* Prepare high-quality drafts of proposals, technical reports, user guides, slide set presentations, and conference abstracts to be reviewed by project manager
* Communicate effectively (via email, telephone, and in-person) with clients and team members regarding projects and proposals
* Begin to build scientific stature through presentation of research findings at professional conferences
* A Bachelor's level degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
* Computer programming experience in Microsoft Excel using Visual Basic for Applications and/or other programming languages (SAS, R, Matlab, SQL, SIMIO, simulation packages, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
* Demonstrated interest/background in health or the pharmaceutical industry
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for mothers and fathers, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.
* Maximum Salary: $75,000.00
* Minimum Salary: $55,000.00