RN Instructor - Teaching Students to Become a CNA
Employment Type: Full-Time
RN Instructor - Teaching Students to become a CNA
General Description for a RN Instructor
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Director of Nursing Services, the RN Instructor designs and teaches courses designed to prepare students to become Certified as Nursing Assistants. Will be utilized for other job duties between classes.
Essential Duties as an RN Instructor
* Plans, develops and teaches the CNA training program for the facility
* Supervises and monitors nursing assistant students throughout their classroom training and evaluation period.
* Evaluates instruction/ learning by means of written, oral, practical and performance tests.
* Evaluates the accuracy, performance, and attendance of nursing assistant students.
* Directs and/ or assists in the development and implementation of floor orientation and mentoring for CNA students
* Makes rounds in resident care areas to observe and assist students, and ensure that residents are receiving quality nursing assistant care.
* Must have completed a course in teaching adults, or have experience in teaching adults or supervising nursing assistants
* Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques
* Working knowledge and skill of up-to-date methods, and techniques
* Ability to advise, instruct, manage, motivate, and evaluate student work in a lab and/ or classroom environment
* Ability to meet deadlines and plan, prepare, and carry out lesson plans
* Ability to successfully interact with high school and adult students, parents, business, and industry representatives, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
Education/Training: The RN Certified Nursing Assistant Instructor must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current RN or LPN licensure by the State Board of Nursing. Must have current CPR certification.
Experience: Must have a minimum of one years experience as an RN in the provision of services in a long term care setting.