Employment Type: Full-Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
* Obtains station assignments from hostess/host or Manager-on-Duty at the start of the work shift, correctly completes all assigned opening and side work duties in a timely manner.
* Sets-up and restocks service stations before, during and after service; restocks glassware, ice and other items needed for the bar.
* Removes dishes, silverware, glassware and all other items when guests are finished with entrée course.
* Returns dirty dishware, glassware, utensils and linen to the dishwashing area; sorts items according to the 'decoy' system, placing them in prescribed area for proper disposition.
* Clears all table items after Guest is finished and has left table.
* Resets vacated tables according to the procedures stated in the RCSH training materials.
* Communicates to the service staff any requests or needs of the guest.
* Assists service and steward staff in spot cleaning in dining room, as needed.
* Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
* Performs all closing duties/side work before end of shift.
* Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
* Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet - Busser.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
* Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience
* Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all Guests
* Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
* Understanding of proper food handling and sanitation procedures
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
* Ability to read, speak, and understand communication in English
* Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares and equipment) at a minimum of 35 pounds on a frequent basis
* Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
* Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
* Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
* Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and smoke
* Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree Fahrenheit
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris Steak House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.