Employment Type: Full-Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Key Tasks and Responsibilities)
* Reports to work on time and is on the dish washing station as indicated on the weekly work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant requirements and is maintained and clean.
* Cleans front of the house areas, as assigned. These areas include but are not limited to, floors, bar floors/mats, windows, trash cans and restrooms, prior to opening of the restaurant.
* Cleans and performs routine maintenance to the exterior of the building according to the housekeeping, cleaning and maintenance schedule established by the kitchen and other managers.
* Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens, and baskets on a daily basis. Cleans and polishes machine thoroughly.
* Checks dish machine to be sure it is operating correctly and immediately reports any defects to a member of the management team.
* Washes, stores and stocks all plateware, glassware, eating utensils, cups, bowls, pots, pans and other smallwares and equipment to ensure sufficient quantities are on hand to meet the needs of the business.
* Checks, on a frequent basis, the water temperature of the dish machine during dishwashing operation to ensure correct temperature.
* Removes trash from the dish room and kitchen and places in dumpster regularly throughout the shift. Cleans and sanitizes trash cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times.
* Checks, removes and replaces full linen bags regularly throughout the shift.
* Assists front and back of the house personnel in spot cleaning floors, carpeting, walls and other furnishings in order to maintain a safe and pleasing environment for team members and guests.
* Assists all restaurant personnel in storing food, equipment, supply, smallwares and other stock items received in the restaurant.
* Maintains the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation for work area to include counter tops, refrigeration units, floors, walls and shelving.
* Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports any unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, accidents and/or injuries to the Chef or Manager On Duty.
* Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift. Assists Kitchen Manager and other kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
* Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to four hours in length.
* Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, smoke, dust and loud noise.
* Must be able to constantly bend, stoop, lift and carry dish racks, trash cans, linen bags and other items weighing up to 75 pounds.
* Maintains good grooming habits.
* Minimum 6 months general labor, restaurant experience preferred.
* Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors and other team members.
* Ability to understand communication in English.