geotechnical Data Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Geotechnical Data Administrator
Requisition Number: 2021-2100-03
At S&ME, we recruit top talent and are currently seeking an Administrator of our geotechnical database, which is in the OpenGround platform.
The Geotechnical Data Administrator is responsible for overall management, governance, training, configuration, and implementation of S&ME's OpenGround platform. OpenGround is an enterprise cloud collaboration platform for geotechnical data management. This individual will report to the Director of Geotechnical Services and work directly with our users who are predominately geotechnical engineers and geologists. Projects will vary based on client and user needs but key needs include developing Excel tools/templates to enhance data analysis, management, and presentation, as well as integrating other systems with OpenGround.
Who are you?
* You are not being challenged in your current role and are looking for that next great opportunity.
* You thrive in a deadline-driven environment where you can self-lead and facilitate the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and completion of projects.
* You are proficient in data management systems and implementations.
* You are viewed by others as having advanced or expert Excel user capabilities and have five (5) years of experience with the ability to write complex Excel expressions involving logic, lookup functions, data management functions, etc.
* You have a demonstrated ability to persuade others to adopt new tools, processes, and daily activities and possess a high level of professionalism and the ability to engage and present to all levels.
* You are interested in increasing the value of company-wide geotechnical data by mining and leveraging this asset.
* You see the value in Employee Ownership.
A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Geology, Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Science, or Computer Science is a plus. Ideal candidates will have AutoCAD Civil3D and PowerBI experience as well as a general understanding of the workflow for collection and processing of geotechnical field data.
* Refine system architecture and processes to ensure access to accurate geotechnical data;
* Interface with IT and the software vendor to manage licensing, modification needs, and overall management of the system;
* Work directly with Operations to develop and maintain governance of data input, reporting standards, use of Excel extensions, and use of CAD profiles;
* Manage and administer user interface, system maintenance, configuration, and seamless data integration with additional platforms;
* Champion the implementation process, including training programs, question and answer sessions, and other communications for employees on best practices for efficient data input and developing functional output;
* Work cross functionally with users to build and execute various projects, analytics, and deliverables;
* Work directly with IT to maintain internal web based resources;
* Stay current on industry/market trends and competition and strategize accordingly.
Who are we?
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities.
How to apply
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy, and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls, or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor