Senior Application Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join SAIC's application transformation team as a Senior Application Developer supporting DLA's Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) Common Operation Environment (COE). PIEE COE is the single face system delivering access to a number of independently managed Business applications and capabilities. The PIEE COE represents a new Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition strategy of providing procurement business and financial services Capability to procurement professionals in support of the war fighter. This position allows the flexibility to work at home / remote or in a SAIC location.
Job Responsibilities and Summary: As a Senior Application Developer, you will be responsible for application coding, design, and standards for a DoD acquisition and financial application suite of capabilities in a common operating environment. You will supporting all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle employing Agile methodologies to support a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery capability pipeline.
Work can be performed both remote / virtual and on-site at a SAIC location. Locations may include sites in Virginia, DC, Florida, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
This position is contingent upon award.
* Minimum 5 (five) years or more of relevant experience in an Enterprise IT Environment
* Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
* US Citizenship and an active Secret Clearance
* Required Certifications: AWS Certified Developer Associate Certification or AWS Solution Architect Certification
* Elasticsearch Certification is preferred, or experience and willingness to obtain certification
Additional Required Experience, includes Experience with:
* Oracle Databases
* Implementing the MVC Development Methodology (Model/View/Controller)
* Agile certifications/documentation
* Developing and managing data models with CA Erwin or similar architecture or business process modeling tool
* Designing and developing solutions with Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) in an Agile Software Development environment
* Developing database queries, batch jobs, and stored procedures with PL/SQL and NoSQL
* Developing solutions using Message Services, including management of Apache ActiveMQ
* DevOps pipeline tools including configuration management, requirements (e.g. JIRA), automated testing, and deployment
* Developing applications with responsive web design frameworks to support multiple platforms including compatibility with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Java, and iOS
* All aspects of configuration management planning including configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration audits, configuration documentation
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.