Publishing Sales Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to make a positive impact on the people and world around you? Do you love books? Have you ever wondered what the inside of the publishing process really looks like?
Here is your chance to find out: we are hiring a full-time addition to our sales staff to work with Christian authors who want to independently publish their books and build their brands.
Salem Author Services, a division of Salem Media Group, is the largest publisher of independent books targeting the Christian audience.
The ideal candidate:
* Is a driven, competitive salesperson who thrives in a high-energy environment, with at least 2-5 years of experience in sales, or book publishing and a proven track record of success. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field is a plus.
* Is responsible for the acquisition, customer experience, growth, and sales with assigned authors while ensuring the highest level of customer commitment and service through relationships and expansion.
* Understand the patience and finesse required to nurture relationships over the phone during both busy and slow seasons, responds promptly to queries and concerns, and take great pride in building brand affinity with every single interaction.
* Consults with potential authors over project goals and suggest relevant solutions to best meet those goals.
* Is passionate about the place that Christian books occupy in the marketplace; their ability to inspire, transform hearts, and change the world.
* Is fascinated by the process of building personal brands in a digital age. Beyond a basic proficiency in MS Office and Outlook software, knowledge or an interest in how influencers develop their audiences with tools like social media, blogging, networking and personally promoting their work is key. (Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus!)
* Supports the Mission and Vision of Salem Author Services, must be a team player who possesses strong relationship-building skills, has a can-do attitudes, has a desire to learn, and is not afraid to ask for or close a sale as well as suggestive sell/sell up.
Success looks like:
* Exceeding monthly and quarterly sales goals.
* Staying educated and involved in the tools that help our authors succeed.
* A dependable sales team member who feels like part of our family, and contributes to our quest to stay at the forefront of publishing and audience development.
* Strong relationships with the production and creative teams throughout the company-we are a 'culture first' team, committed to enjoying our workdays while delighting our clients.
* Being available to work a couple late evenings a month and an occasional Saturday.
Salem Author Services provides a casual, friendly atmosphere with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, and 401K program. We are a fast-growing, stable company - part of a $200M communications company traded on the NASDAQ. Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.