Food Packer / Custodian
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Food Packer / Custodian
Department: Family Services
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Reporting Relationship: Family Services Director
Salary and Grade: $11.00 per hour; 70 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers an excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
* Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time.• Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)• Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life• Most importantly - a job with a good purpose!
Assure smooth running of the food pantry component of Family Services by providing pre-packaged grocery orders and/or assisting in 'client choice' selection of foods; keeping shelves adequately stocked and warehouse inventory in order. This position will also be responsible for the cleanliness of the Family Services area.
* Knowledge of English language
* Basic housekeeping skills: mopping, sweeping, cleaning various surfaces, use of vacuum etc.
* Ability to handle commercial bucket with water and mop
* Ability to handle vacuum and other housekeeping equipment
* Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
* As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter.
* Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
* Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of the Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send, fax or email your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Norma Escobar, Director of Family Services email@example.com
The Salvation Army
50 East King Street
York, PA 17401
Or go to: http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Prospective employees can apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Released by the Divisional Human Resource Department on 09/01/21
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army's Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1615