Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
SBA Communications (SBA) is an industry leader in providing the wireless infrastructure that makes communication work, with a track record of growth throughout the Americas, South Africa and Southeast Asia. Our purpose is to enable the communications that are essential in connecting people. We are listed on NASDAQ under the symbol SBAC and our organization is part of the S&P 500. SBA is also one of the top 20 Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) based on market capitalization.
Our success stems from our collaborative environment, where differences are appreciated and our team members are considered our most valued asset. Together we uphold the highest moral and ethical standards, are excellent stewards of our financial resources, we prioritize quality and we do things right the first time. We innovate new, efficient and effective ways to do business, and we go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service to our clients and to each other. We enjoy each other's company and we work hard to make those around us successful.
One of our values is to be People Focused, and as such, we are committed to our team members current and evolving needs through our global compensation and benefits programs. Our strategy is to provide programs and resources focused on four pillars of overall well-being: Physical, Emotional, Financial and Social. We enable our team members to stay healthy with medical, dental and vision insurance options. We help our team members navigate their path towards financial security through our 401K Retirement Plan, Global Stock Ownership and Employee Stock Purchase Programs. Additionally, we provide Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement and many other impactful benefits.
Your Next Career Opportunity - Apprentice, Tower
Perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction for expedited commercial deployment of services as directed by Superintendent and/or Foreman.
What You Will Do - Primary Responsibilities
* Support tower construction and antenna and line installation activities as directed.
* Ability to read site plans and tower drawings.
* Distribute, pick up and organize tools and materials.
* Work with Construction Supervisors and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
* Complete work in a timely and efficient manner as delegated by Construction Supervisor and Foreman.
* Perform construction activities as directed.
* Work with Construction Supervisors and Foreman to maintain a safe job site.
* Keep safety barriers correctly installed.
* Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
* Must be able to satisfactorily complete all aspects of SBA's Tower U training classes.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
What You'll Need - Qualifications & Requirements
* H.S. Diploma/GED preferred;
* and <1 year tower construction / climbing or relevant experience. Knowledge of standard knots.
* or 0-2 years general labor, construction or relevant experience.
* Other Valid Driver's License; May be required depending upon the location in which the position is required to work. preferred
* Valid Government Issued Driver's License
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
* Standing Frequently
* Walking Frequently
* Sitting Occasionally
* Lifting Frequently (70lbs)
* Carrying Frequently
* Pulling Frequently
* Climbing Frequently
* Balancing Frequently
* Stooping Frequently
* Kneeling Frequently
* Crouching Frequently
* Reaching Frequently
* Handling Frequently
* Grasping Frequently
* Feeling Frequently
* Talking Frequently
* Hearing Frequently
* Repetitive Motions Frequently
* Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination Frequently
* Extreme cold Occasionally
* Extreme heat Occasionally
* Humid Occasionally
* Wet Occasionally
* Noise Frequently
* Hazards Frequently
* Temperature Change Occasionally
* Atmospheric Conditions Frequently
* Vibration Frequently
* Precarious Heights Frequently
In our efforts to maintain a safe work environment for our team members and the general public, all applicants who receive a conditional job offer for employment in a position classified as safety sensitive will be required to take and satisfactorily pass a drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)