Employment Type: Full-Time
The Operations Leader leads the efforts of a production team. Duties include planning, organizing, training, coaching, compliance with various customers, company, government requirements and guidelines.
What you'll do:
* Develop Schreiber Foods Culture - Train, coach, evaluate and reinforce Process Excellence principles with partners.
* Converting Goals - Lead team efforts in meeting or exceeding goals in Productivity, Raw Material Usage, Safety, Customer Complaints, and Service.
* Customer Requirements - Work with Team Leader in identifying and communicating customer requirements.
* Develop PCP's to insure customer requirements are met.
* Governmental Regulations - Be knowledgeable of various government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc.
* Process Improvements - Through the use of problem solving methods, CAT's, and other quality tools identify and make process improvements.
* Daily Operation - Work with the team to make sure that daily production is organized to maximize efficiencies, making necessary adjustments as conditions change.
* Capital Investment - Work with the Team Leader and team in identifying potential capital improvements assisting with analysis and justification.
* Administration - Administer various company, plant or department processes in certification programs, pay systems, assessment/feedback processes, etc.
* Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you need to succeed:
* A Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Dairy Science, Agriculture, Food Science, Animal Science, Supply Chain & Operations Management, Business Administration/Management, Industrial Engineering, Quality, Biology or related field
* Proven leadership experience in a team environment
* Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
* Ability to make good business decisions quickly
* Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
Qualifying positions offer:
* A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
* A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
* An opportunity to share in the company's success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
* Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
* Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
* Paid vacation and holidays
* Relocation assistance
* Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.