Lead Printing Press Operator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Lottery games are one of the biggest consumer products on the planet and Scientific Games is the world's largest supplier. Our lottery games have been entertaining and thrilling players since 1973. Most importantly our games fund good causes like education, health and welfare, senior citizens, roads, bridges and the environment.
Scientific Games supports lotteries in more than 50 countries by delivering industry leading marketing and insights, unmatched retailer innovation, developing first class mobile-based products and most recently launching our virtual SG Sports betting platform.
We are looking for employees interested in helping Scientific Games strengthen our position as the world's foremost leader in lottery products and services.
Benefits available DAY 1- Medical, Dental & Vision plans (Plans available at no cost to employee) 401k
Bonus- 5% of yearly earnings paid out quarterly.
7PM-7AM Rotating Schedule
Lead Press Operator is a key position to the Press Department. This position is responsible for leading the press crews in make ready, running production, maintaining quality and overall operation of the press.
* Do the final lock-in and fine tuning of the Registration System.
* Monitor the temperature of all dryers.
* Monitor the speed of the press.
* Make the work station assignments for the Second Pressman and the Assistant Pressman positions and monitor the work performance of these positions.
* Collect all reports.
* Fill out daily Press Report.
* Maintain the quality of the tickets, both the print and color.
* Ensure the proper training of the Press crew.
* Work closely with the Image Room.
* Coordinate production communication of the shift's press crew.
* Perform any other duties which may be assigned.
* Supervise a total of up to six employees in the Imaging and Press Room.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and have good attendance.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Previous experience working at every other job on the Press
* A mechanical and technical aptitude
* The ability to differentiate between colors
* Able to get along with other people
* Good, clear verbal and written communication skills in order to coordinate the Press Operation
* Physically agile
* The ability to push/pull 500 plus pounds
* Able to lift 75 lbs.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Good color matching skills
* High Mechanical ability
Must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
Years of Related Experience
Years of experience 4 to 6 years
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. If your position requires you to work in the field, production, and/or warehouse, it is mandatory that you use the approved Personal Protective Equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, 'SG') are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you'd like more information, please click on this link: EEO Poster