Employment Type: Full-Time
Req/Job ID: 1002512BR
Employing Entity: Transform SR Holding Management LLC
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store ID: 58491: Sears Holdings Management Corp
The Architect, Network is primarily responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, administering, maintaining, and troubleshooting network systems. This role includes routing, switching, firewall and load balancing technologies. This position participates in capacity planning, support the creation and the maintenance of network disaster recovery plans, and monitor all network performance activities. This position also screens the network for attempted intrusions as well as designs and implements appropriate network security measures and procedures. This position acts as a project team member or leader, depending on the scope of the project. This position is routinely involved with the configuration and maintenance of physical and logical network components. This position also provides support for network issues that come through the engineering operations service center.
* Leads the analysis, design and development of enterprise network systems and programs with business and technical teams
* Directly engages with customers/partners to help them understand the design objectives and architecture of the networking infrastructure
* Ensures the technical direction, leadership, and training of less experienced staff.
* Effectively articulates the key design principles for the feature areas to the immediate team and upper management
* Leads and mentors other engineers in implementing complex technical solutions
* Keeps abreast of new technology patterns and trends. Leads the evolution of network engineering standards for the team
* Leads and reviews the design of engineering solutions for infrastructure projects
* Provides advanced technical engineering support to enterprise environment
* Leads and mentors other engineers in the implementation of complex technical solutions
* Provides feedback on technology vision and strategy to business leaders
* Establishes and maintains network performance by building network configurations and connections as well as troubleshooting network problems.
* Maximizes network performance through network optimization, monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, and scheduling upgrades.
* Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
* Bachelor's Level Degree
* 8 - 10 years of relevant experience
* Expert Knowledge of EIGRP and BGP routing protocols.
* Solid knowledge of routing, switching and firewalls
* Ability to collaborate with other teams and work independently
* LAN/WAN implementation & maintenance
* Advanced experience with MPLS WAN technology and use of VRFs on Cisco equipment.
* Ability to mentor and recruit junior engineers & enforce good engineering practices