Employment Type: Full-Time
Security Benefit (SB) is seeking an Accountant to join the Investments team in our Topeka, Kansas office. SB fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs.
Who We Are
Security Benefit (SB) fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs. As an industry leader in service technology, SB affiliates also offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the financial services marketplace. This position will work out of our office in Topeka, Kansas.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Investment Accountant will support the lifecycle of the investment for investment types on the Security Benefit book of business and will be responsible for the following duties:
* Prepares cash and positions reconciliations between parties (systems, brokers, investment managers) and researches and resolves discrepancies on the investments within the portfolios.
* Completes the analysis of cash disbursements and receipts and applies to the respective debit/credit accounts.
* Analyzes and reviews accrual statements such as dividend and interest and monitor and record security transactions including interest and principal payments, maturities, corporation actions and other portfolio specific transactions as needed.
* Compiles, tracks, reviews, verifies, and analyzes information in various systems to ensure details match to agreed standards and established controls. Utilizes and maintains knowledge of industry standards and best practices as it relates to functions within investment operations and systems utilized within the firm.
* Account for various complex investments including, but not limited to, debt instruments, equity investments, and directly originated deals.
* Compiles and prepares reports as required including but not limited to trade blotters, wire reports, payment notification, etc. for internal and external service partners as well as senior management and auditors.
* Identifies and implement changes to area of responsibility that would streamline or improve quality of processes or end product.
* Participate and lead projects as assigned in a fast paced business environment (e.g. use of RPA; integration of systems; and management requests).
* Coordinate with internal and external parties on data abnormalities, income reviews, up and downstream data processes to support the portfolio analysis requirements.
Eligible candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
* A bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
* Experience in Investment Accounting, Trade Settlement or Reconciliation Teams, Investment Operations, Financial Services role or internship
* Ability to analyze financial documentation, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form
* Strong individual contributor and team player with high standards for productivity and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and short deadlines
* Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with MS Office. Experience working with industry tools preferred
* Outside-the-box thinker, passionate about problem solving and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit with strong organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to delivery timely results
* Experience with the following vendors is a plus: Wall Street Office, Clear Par, Sentry, Aladdin, Clearwater, Pam, Geneva, Camera, Porita, Eagle
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Visit the career section of our website at www.securitybenefit.com/careers to complete the online application and submit your resume. EOE