Design-Build Project Manager
Whether you are an experienced professional or just starting your career, Shirley provides opportunities to develop skills, contribute to interesting and high-profile projects, and advance your career. We are always looking for driven and dedicated individuals who are eager to grow with us.
We got the job, you can too!!
Shirley is a leading provider of comprehensive transportation and heavy civil construction services in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Our core values guide the way we do business. Our steadfast commitment to safety and innovation, and our pride and belief in our people are fundamental to our continued success. Our employees are our greatest asset. We strive to create a rewarding work environment, promote a culture of teamwork, and provide opportunities for professional development.
Shirley Contracting Company, LLC is looking for a Design-Build Project Manager to work on various transportation projects in the DC/MD/VA area.
- 5+ Years of construction management experience, preferably on civil, highway, or infrastructure projects.
- In-depth understanding of the design-build method of project delivery including the disciplines of design, right-of-way, utility coordination, public involvement and construction.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficient in scheduling software – P6
- Proficient in computer and corresponding programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A team player with leadership abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- PE License (preferred)
- Must pass pre-employment physical/drug screening.
- Manage and lead the design-build project team through all phases of project pursuit and delivery including technical writing, work planning, pre-award, post-award, and post-design services.
- Collaborate with owner, design team, and construction staff to develop staged design deliverables incorporating value engineering concepts and constructability reviews.
- Manage the design comment response process and address project stakeholder concerns.
- Create preliminary and baseline schedules in appropriate scheduling software.
- Work with in-house staff and consultants to manage and schedule utility relocations, right-of-way acquisitions, and public outreach efforts.
- Conduct progress meetings with owners, designers, and the project delivery team.
- Oversee the buyout process and negotiate contracts with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensure the company’s health and safety culture, policies and requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with clients, designers, subcontractors, and co-workers.