Sr. Medical Writer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the treatment of calcified plaque.
The Sr. Medical Writer is responsible for the development and creation of high-quality scientific communications materials for presentation and publication in scientific peer-reviewed journals in support of Medical Affairs goals. This is a hands-on position that primarily includes writing and critically editing scientific manuscripts, abstracts, and podium presentations. The Sr. Medical Writer will also be responsible for development of clinical evaluation reports (CERs) and other associated documents in coordination with Clinical Affairs. The ideal candidate is a clear and precise writer, detail-oriented, driven, independent, and able to respond quickly to evolving needs.
Essential Job Functions
* Draft and edit manuscripts for submission to and publication in peer-reviewed journals.
* Draft and edit abstracts, posters, and slide decks for presentation at scientific and medical congresses.
* Execute all activities related to the preparation of CERs in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
* Incorporate/adjudicate comments from internal and external stakeholders through document development to produce final high-quality deliverables.
* Establish, maintain, and expand business relationships with cross-functional team members collaborating on publication projects (including external physician KOLs) to ensure accurate and timely completion/delivery of information based on publication plans.
* Perform literature reviews in support of medical writing efforts.
* Other duties as assigned.