Senior AI Research Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services - as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Why you'll love working for Siemens Healthineers:
* Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world's most significant health problems.
* Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
* Opportunities to advance your career.
* Competitive total rewards package.
* Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
* Participate in our celebrations and social events.
* Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
* Employee perks and discounts.
Siemens Healthineers Molecular Imaging is seeking a highly motivated AI researcher for its Clinical Applications research team based in our Tennessee headquarters. The team is responsible for identifying and solving molecular imaging research challenges relevant to clinicians and aligned with Siemens Healthineers objectives. This involves developing clinically meaningful software innovations in PET, SPECT, and related applications, and helping to transfer them into product solutions.
You will be responsible for generating and driving AI innovations from concept to prototype to clinical validation to product realization. This will involve clearly understanding current clinical challenges and developing creative solutions to address these. You will be constructing the foundation on which our future research AI infrastructure will be built. In doing so, you will design and implement data ingestion, processing pipelines, and AI models. This will be central to shaping our oncology, neurology, cardiology, and general nuclear medicine pre-development roadmaps, which require complex analytical and machine learning algorithm development to support the interpretation of medical images. You will work in a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment, interfacing closely with various research and software engineering teams, as well as product management, systems engineering, and academic research customers. Your work will focus on making our software and scanners smarter, faster, more intuitive, generating richer and more clinically meaningful results.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
* Experience working with neural networks for classification, segmentation, registration, synthetic image generation, and image restoration.
* Knowledge of medical imaging (SPECT, PET, CT, DICOM, coordinate systems, image registration, etc.).
* Knowledge of biostatistics and clinical study design methodologies.
* Expertise in cloud computing (Azure/AWS) and file systems such as HDFS.
* Popular AI tools - PyTorch, Sklearn, OpenCV, ITK/VTK, Tensorflow, Transformers, etc.
* Experience with containerization tools (docker, singularity) and high-performance computing environments.
* Experience with modern software engineering practices including GitOps, DevOps, MLOps, or Databricks.
* Experience with database such as SQL, PostgreSQL, and/or mongoDB.
* Experience developing software for the medical industry (FDA regulated).
Required skills to have for the success of this role
* M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science / electrical engineering / biomedical engineering / physics or related field.
* A proven record in research, innovative thinking, real-world problem solving, software prototyping.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience (advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable).
* Proficient in Python and\or C++.
* Hands-on experience with modern approaches of artificial intelligence such as machine learning, deep learning, generative adversarial architectures, attention mechanisms, neural architecture search, etc.
* Signal processing, image processing, and computer vision expertise.
* Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a virtual and fast-paced environment.
* Can-do attitude, and a passion for creating high-quality software.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Detail-oriented and organized.
* International and domestic travel (10%) is required (customers and conferences).
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.