Class A CDL driver
Employment Type: Full-Time
Silgan Closures, New Castle Plant is a major producer of bottle caps for the water, juice, and dairy industry. The New Castle facility has maintained continuous operations in Neshannock Township for 25 years and is currently adding product lines and equipment to serve our customers across the country.
Driving to and from the local rail yard using the company resin tanker truck. Involves hooking up to the rail car and loading the resin into the tanker truck, returning to the plant and unloading the resin into the silos.
* Receive goods into inventory and place product in proper location. Deliver packages to office personnel.
* Stage and scan product in preparation for shipment. Ship and unload product to/from trucks.
* Repackage damaged product.
* Upload files.
* Perform inventory counts and weekly physicals.
* Ship packages using UPS.
* Perform weekly general cleaning duties as assigned in accordance with preventative maintenance program.
* Report any food safety and quality problems or concerns to the Plant Quality Manager.
Why consider working for the Closures Division of Silgan?
The New Castle Management Team cares about our employees! We reward employees for their extra effort and recognize those who perform well and are dependable. Opportunity exists for those who seek it!
* Annual performance reviews and pay increases based on personal performance.
* Our average years of service at the location is 10 years!
* Driver/Warehouse employees work Monday through Friday.
* Home every night.
* Local driving to and from railway
* Know your scheduled days to work 6 months in advance
* 40-hour standard work weeks with availability to work overtime.
* Extremely clean and safe working environment.
* 10 days paid vacation from date of hire
* Personal paid days off
* Full benefit package after 60 days.
* 401k with company match
How to be considered for employment
* Continue through this entire online process to submit your application. You will receive a confirmation email.
* Call our office at 724-658-3004. Follow the initial prompt to be directed to the HR department or enter extension 1988. If you reach voice mail, please leave a detailed message with your contact information and the reason for your call.
* Stop in at the main office of our facility at 185 Northgate Circle, New Castle, PA between the hours of 9am and 2pm Monday through Friday.
* Send an email to the Human Resource Manager at email@example.com
Periods of sitting, reaching, stooping/kneeling/bending over 2/3 of time spent on the job. Using hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of time spent on the job. Periods of reaching, climbing, talking/hearing, light lifting/carrying 1/3 to 2/3 of time spent on the job with occasional lifting/carrying of up to 50 pounds. Periods of walking and standing under 1/3 of time spent on the job. Vision requirement includes close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Moderate physical activity of a productive nature under general supervision in which occasionally work is checked while in progress and work is reviewed upon completion. Exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels for which Personal Protective Equipment is provided. Periods of working above ground level where the possibility of falling exists (i.e. on ladders or man lift at heights above 20 feet). Periodic exposure to wet or slippery surfaces.
Class A CDL At least 3 months related experience and/or training. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to log routine information and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must possess attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Knowledge of basic computer skills is preferred, but not required. Fork Lift experience is preferred, but not required.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an 'at-will' basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.