Staff Data Scientist - Advertising & Marketing Science
Employment Type: Full-Time
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
You will join a team of scientists with diverse expertise in machine learning, statistics, predictive modeling and economics. In this role, you will work closely with stakeholders across the company (product, analytics, engineering, finance, marketing) to optimize the ad experience for our listeners through A/B testing and machine learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work on classification algorithms, data mining and machine learning methods using partial information to improve our advertising business
* Present your work to your teammates and relevant business stakeholders.
* Partner closely with product, analytics and engineering
* Perform other duties as required.
* Masters degree in quantitative field (for example: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Physics, or Mathematics)
* 5+ years of industry experience in a data science role
* Experience implementing ML models at a large scale in a production environment
* PhD degree in quantitative field (for example: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Physics, or Mathematics.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Solid programming skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team and independently.
* Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Familiarity with current research, and publication in one of these fields -- statistics, machine learning, data mining, deep learning, ranking.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Proficiency in Python, Scala or Java
* Proficiency in data cleaning and feature engineering
* Proficiency with Hive or SQL databases
* Experience with the Hadoop technology stack
* Experience with Google Platform is a plus
* Experience with Spark is a plus
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm#benefits
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.