Social and Community Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to 'level up' our talent. We're on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
* Only applies to full-time positions.
Jam City is looking for an experienced community builder to help bring an unannounced AAA Play-to-Earn game to market by growing and scaling a community of players who will become our biggest advocates. This role can sit remotely in the US.
As the lead ambassador to the community, you'll take the lead in developing our social & community strategy across all platforms including web, mobile, Discord, Reddit, Telegram and more. You'll act as the internal voice of the consumer and be responsible for working closely with the Product teams to develop a content plan that generates excitement with the community for the upcoming roadmap.
You should be an exceptional problem solver who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty. The role requires you to work collaboratively with key stakeholders and global cross-functional teams.
This is your opportunity to build a social media and community program from the ground up.
* Introduce efficient community strategy with built-in optimization looks
* Work hand-in-hand with the product team to keep the community engaged around the excitement of building their collection
* Be an active participant in the community, communicating with members in real-time.
* Develop best-in class content (visual, video, text) that aligns with the roadmap
* Use consumer insights and platform analytics to monitor and report on sentiment and community feedback to guide the LiveOps team on design decisions.
* Meet the community where they are across social platforms and Discord
* Coordinate with Customer Service/VIP teams to ensure a consistent voice and messaging to all players.
* An expert with deep experience in hands-on community building
* A solid understanding of tech, gaming, blockchain, crypto, and NFTs
* A professional with a proven track record of building vibrant communities
* Experience at a strategic level, who can plan and execute
* Effective at communicating across stakeholders including: artists, engineers, marketers
* At least 5+ years experience managing community for a large brand or game studio
* Experience in hype communities (think sneaker drops)
* Strong brand voice skills, ability to become the brand
* Strong empathy to understand the player experience and advocate on their behalf
* Strong writing skills, ability to be concise
* Ability to quickly analyze data and make decisions that maps back to KPIs.
* Team player (eager to learn and share with teammates)
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
* Company news and events on our LinkedIn
* Company Blog
* Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
* Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City's global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company's popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.