Product Analyst - Mobile App
Employment Type: Full-Time
With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and living, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 contactless service, professional cleanings that exceed PHAC recommendations, and over 200 other quality standards, we're taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
About the role:
Sonder is a highly data-driven organization. The Data and Analytics team is currently looking for a new Product Mobile Analyst to join the team.
The Business Operations & Analytics team works cross-functionally with product, design, ops, and finance to define key metrics and measures of success, build tracking, and uncover insights to guide decision-making and accelerate performance.
As an Analyst, you will use a variety of data sources to build tools and answer questions that drive key business decisions. This role will specifically focus on Sonder's mobile app experience, partnering with several product and tech teams to answer questions and drive key business decisions around guest acquisition, conversion, engagement, and retention via the mobile app. If you are passionate about crafting tangible, usable business insights from data, thrive in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment, and want to tackle complex product analytics challenges, we want to hear from you!
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
* Deeply understand the product operations process and systems, and partner closely with with Product, Operations, and Engineering stakeholders as well as other Analysts, Data PMs, Data Scientists and BI Engineers within Sonder to integrate systems and data sources and build good app engagement tracking
* Analyze & quantify the ROI of product feature and process improvements, and their impact on app engagement
* Formulate success metrics to track and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our mobile app
* Explore, analyze and effectively share KPIs and progress with the key business partners and the executive team
* Proactively dig into data and identify opportunities to drive mobile app performance
* Develop transfer functions between behavioral and financial metrics
* Proactively provide inputs on growth initiatives and opportunities for user and guest engagement
* Help build (over time) the ability to send mobile push notifications at ideal times during user interactions with the app to increase product feature discovery and engagement
* Use a statistical hypothesis-driven approach to testing and optimization, and communicate results in a clear, concise manner to business partners; Over time, help implement an experimentation process (where possible) for data informed and insights-driven decision making
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
* Results-oriented individual with ability to identify dependencies, and leverage multiple sources of information at once
* 2+ years of experience in an analytics role at a public or high-growth start-up
* Technical expertise in SQL and Excel/Google Sheets required
* Experience using data visualization/BI software (Tableau, Power BI) is required. Specifically, Tableau experience is a plus.
* Experience in Python and/or R is a plus
* Experience working on web or mobile apps and an understanding of the nuances between various mobile OS is a plus.
* Ability to prioritize and respond to analytics requests in a fast-paced environment
* Established track record of translating data into insights and information, as well as making solid and clear recommendations to business leaders.
* Strong consultative and influencing skills, and the ability to explain complex ideas clearly to a non-technical audience to help leaders make decisions and move the business forward
* Intellectually curious and excited to roll up your sleeve to learn new things
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
* Competitive salary
* Generous stock option plan
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Unlimited vacation
* Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
* A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes