Senior Purchasing Agent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options - from rooms to suites and apartments - found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder's innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
As a Senior Purchasing Agent, your responsibilities will range from bulk PO creation to assisting cross functional partners with projects. This position will also be responsible for training and mentoring purchasing agents. For this role, we look for individuals who learn quickly and who thrive in fast paced environments. We look to these individuals to work independently while still being a team player.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
* Create purchase orders (Onboardings, Standard Monthly Orders, Project Level Orders, Collateral, etc.).
* Create requisitions and submit for approval in a timely manner.
* Identify opportunities for process improvement and own projects.
* Own communication and the Procurement needs of a few key depts (i.e. Accounts Payable, Legal, IT, etc.) to address any purchasing need and clarify issues promptly
* Work cross functionally with internal teams.
* Maintain the accuracy of shared spreadsheets and data entry tasks by sharing workload for the broader team during crunch time.
* Manage and develop relationships with suppliers and clients, as part of the day-to-day role to ensure the quality of the goods and delivery, as well as the terms of the contract, are met.
* Oversee supplier-related activities and their performance to ensure that they're meeting compliance. Also coordinate with these companies to resolve any issues that arise.
* Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
* Interact with select vendors and suppliers.
* Take on additional tasks as needed .
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
* Previous work experience in a professional setting
* Previous Procurement experience
* Proven attention to detail
* Proven written and verbal communication
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize competing tasks
* High level of organization
* Ability to learn quickly
* Someone who thrives in a fast paced environment
* High level of experience in Excel/Google Sheets
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
* Competitive pay structure
* Generous stock option plan
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Paid vacation
* Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
* A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Salary: $21.15/hr - $26.44/hr