Medical Lab Scientist - Micro
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position will work in the microbiology lab which has a very unique variety of testing available and some of the most interesting clinical microbiology in the Phoenix metropolitan area. To find out more about this lab check out us out at: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/banner-university-medical-center-mega-micro-lab-amy-braun/
This unique opportunity provides a variety of micro clinical testing to include bacteriology, AFB, and Nocardia as well as a team oriented, learning fostering environment!
Sonora Quest Laboratories, a joint venture between Banner Health and Quest Diagnostics, is the nation's largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,100 employees serving more than 23,000 patients every day throughout Arizona. We are the market share leader in clinical laboratory testing in Arizona, performing more than 60 million diagnostic tests per year. We are CAP accredited and are the only healthcare company ever to receive our state's highest quality award, the Arizona Governor's Award for Quality.
We are seeking knowledgeable, resourceful, and adaptable employees who enjoy busy work environments, problem solving, and innovative process improvement. We want to have the best possible impact in patient diagnostic outcomes and are looking for likeminded, patient focused folks who genuinely care about patient care.
This position is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA '88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
* Bachelor's Degree in clinical laboratory science/medical technology, OR Certificate of completion of a Categorical equivalent of MLS program, OR Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science and certification (MLS or categorical).
* Students may be hired at the job title equivalent in clinical laboratory science under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (CLS), student's clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete program within one year of hire.
* Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation) or other nationally recognized credentialing agency.
* For certain specialty disciplines ONLY (Toxicology, Clinical Mass Spectrometry, etc.) where no certification is available from a certifying agency, a Bachelor's Degree with one year of experience in that discipline is required. Individuals with specialty certification may only work in the discipline of their specialty.
* MT or categorical certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).
* Additional related education and/or experience.
DATE APPROVED 11/05/2019