Laboratory /Path Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS - Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Works under the supervision of lead, supervisor, experienced staff, and/or clinicians within Pathology or Laboratory
* Greets and communicates in a manner consistent with caring and respect and dealing with confidentiality. Answers telephone, takes messages, welcomes visitors and provides / relays information in a manner consistent with hospitality standards.
* Serves as a resource regarding specimen requirements and processing, including mentoring new staff.
* Processes orders, performs computer order entry and other related activities per standard, which may include registering clients, contacting providers for issue resolution, entering charges for services, performing and resulting tests.
* May draw blood specimens from patients. (Based on specific Spectrum Health entity and department as appropriate.)
* Receives incoming specimens, checks for proper labeling and routes to appropriate location. Accepts laboratory test results and files and / or communicates results to the appropriate people. (Based on specific Spectrum Health entity and department as appropriate.)
* Follows all Spectrum Health procedures and policies.
* Required High School Diploma or equivalent and graduate of a Phlebotomy training program (based on specific Spectrum Health entity and department as appropriate) preferred.
* Preferred Associate's Degree Healthcare related field
* Dealing with the public, preferably in the medical or customer service field Preferred
* LIC-Driver's License - STATE_MI State of Michigan
* CRT-Phlebotomy Technician - NHA National Healthcareer Association
SITE - Spectrum Health Pennock - 1009 W Green St - Hastings
Lab - Pennock
Day (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
5:30 am to 6:00 pm
Monday to Friday (variable)
Every third weekend
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.