RN, PRN, Lakeland Cancer Specialists Practice, St. Joseph
Employment Type: Part-Time
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS - Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Responsible and accountable for the overall nursing care management of an assigned group of patients. Collaborates with the Nurse Manager and other members of the health care team to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose and treat the patient's responses to actual or potential health conditions. Assesses, monitors, detects, plans, and takes appropriate action to prevent potential physiological complications associated with specific health problems and / or medical treatment.
* Assesses and monitors the overall needs of patients / family. Documents nursing care / teaching consistent with documentation guidelines. Ensures that required documentation for activities within areas of responsibility is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
* Develops / maintains an individualized patient plan of care with the patient and consistent with patient / family changing needs / goals, reflecting the full scope of practice. Delivers care in a manner that is culturally sensitive and preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
* Articulates the professional nursing role to the patient, family and health team members. Communicates with other members of the health care team, including triage of incoming calls, in order to ensure continuity and coordination of care. Acts as a patient / family advocate.
* Initiates patient discharge planning at time of patient contact and facilitates a smooth transition to the next point of service / home.
* Identifies, facilitates, and evaluates outcomes of nursing care for an individual patient or group of patients. Evaluates patients' and family educational needs; develops and implements appropriate teaching strategies or makes appropriate referrals.
* Provides evidence-based nursing care consistent with the plan of care, guidelines of care, physician orders, and in accordance with health system policies, procedures, and ANA / regulatory standards.
* Demonstrates a high standard of moral and ethical behavior. Formulates decisions and actions based on ethical principles, using the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide practice. Advocates for privacy, confidentiality and security of patient, staff and organization data.
* Assumes an autonomous leadership role and delegates appropriately to support staff to facilitate safe, quality patient care in a cost-effective manner. Participates in ongoing process improvement activities through the application of clinical paths, QI processes, and other related activities.
* Required Associate's Degree Nursing
* Preferred Bachelor's Degree Spectrum Health Continuing Care and Spectrum Health Medical Group do not require a Bachelors of Science in Nursing
* LIC-Registered Nurse (RN) - STATE_MI State of Michigan Upon Hire required
* CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) - AHA American Heart Association 90 Days required Or
* CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) - ARC American Red Cross 90 Days required
* CRT-Adv Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) - AHA American Heart Association WITHIN 90 DAYS
SITE - Center For Outpatient Surgery - 3900 Hollywood Rd - St Joseph
Cancer Health Services - Lakeland
Variable (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Spectrum Health requires all team members to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations subject to certain exclusions based on the team member's job category. Spectrum Health is committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.