Splunk Problem Manager- Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Problem Manager
The Splunk Problem Manager is a member of the Customer Support Incident & Escalations Management Team at Splunk, responsible for driving root cause analysis and problem remediation of the most impactful incidents and critical issues. These issues impact our customers' experience of Splunk products every single day. This team brings strategy, structure, executive attention, and additional internal resources to customer challenges that would otherwise result in a high level of customer dissatisfaction. The ideal Splunker for this role will have a good blend of technical and soft skills, strong deductive reasoning capabilities, and communicate with a high degree of efficiency and 'awesome' up/down/across our Global Support, Product, Engineering, and Operations organization. You will drive problem investigations from root cause identification to closure. You will have the opportunity to shape this position from the very beginning. This role is highly visible across the organization and will help shape Splunk's Problem Management culture for years to come. In a nutshell… you will drive and be looked at to 'level up' the support organizations ability to identify and eliminate the root cause of customer Escalations and Incidents.
* Develop, manage, and implement the Problem Management process which includes documentation and procedures associated with the role - will be the process owner.
* Collaborate with other teams on multiple problems and be responsible for ownership and coordination of actions and lessons learned during the Incident process
* Oversee collaborative efforts to identify root cause and contributing factors, and ensure accurate assignment of ownership of all action items.
* Lead and facilitate Post Engagement Reviews (Post Incident and Post Escalation Reviews) for high priority incidents and customer issues with a focus on process improvement, as well as, technical resolution.
* Drive identification of lessons learned, using Problem Management techniques to identify root cause and prevent reoccurrence.
* Extract trends on case types, root cause closure codes, key problem areas, products. Hold regular meetings with technical teams to review recurring Problems and press for final resolutions - or escalate. Produce 'Escalation Reports' on recurring problems and issues not being resolved.
* Ensure that the Problem Management process is documented, understood, and followed
* Ensure vital reports (RCAs, PIRs, PERs) are created to a high standard of written excellence and delivered to customers in a timely manner
* Restore the customer's confidence in Splunk and Splunk products by effectively communicating and delivering Root Cause Messaging to Splunk customer executives and users
* Effectively build and develop relationships across Support and within other Splunk organizations to ensure success.
* 5+ years of proven experience in a related or similar position - Prior Problem Manager process implementation/owner roles
* Expert understanding of Problem Management framework and root cause analysis
* Experience of working in a highly technical environment with the ability to drive investigations with technical and non-technical teams
* Strong ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with different teams, from Engineers to Support and Management with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical teams
* Good understanding of cloud platforms, software deployments, monitoring tools . Prior experience with Cloud or SaaS companies puts you in the front of the line
* Exudes Customer Success. Passionate about doing what's right for the customer. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support the growth of the business.
* Ability to work independently with a 'make it happen' attitude; can operate and execute in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; problem solver and quick learner.
* Thrives to be seen as a trusted advisor and technical leader who is highly requested by management and peers.
* Proven knowledge of Problem Management frameworks (eg. ITIL, Release, Incident, Problem, Change)
* On-call rotations on weekend and holidays as the business requires
Nice to have:
* Experience with specific tools (SFDC, Jira, Confluence)
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle
* Critical thinking, decision-making abilities
* Fundamental understanding/overview of Splunk or similar data collection software
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.