Employment Type: Full-Time
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
* Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties on all fleet vehicles
* Must be able to perform all necessary repairs on gasoline and diesel engines
* Performs standard and Preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment
* Knowledge of computer diagnostic repair.
* Completes complex and detailed mechanical inspections & repairs with minimal supervision
* Must be knowledgeable in air brake system diagnostic and repairs.
* Replaces defective components as necessary
* Performs facility maintenance duties
* Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external customers, team members, and supervisors.
* Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
* Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
* Must be able to perform all aspects of the job safely and proficiently
* Actively participating in safety or educational training as required
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* All other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements:
* High school diploma required
* Associates degree or certificate from vocational school in auto or diesel technology required
* 2 year or more performing skilled heavy equipment repair and supervisory work
* Class A or B CDL license preferred; ability to receive Class 7 Inspection and Hazmat within 90 days of hire
* Ability to plan, organize and engage in repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment
* Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, evenings and on-call
* Ability to frequently lift, carry and push/pull 50lbs
* Requires frequent bending, squatting, standing, climbing, kneeling and walking
* May be required to work in small, hard to reach spaces
Must pass physical capabilities exam