Community Health Worker - Kenmore Square
Employment Type: Full-Time
Springwell is seeking a dynamic, committed social services professional to work collaboratively with health providers to address the social needs of high risk pediatric and adult patients at a Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates site in Boston. Seeking a creative problem-solver who can assess, educate, and support families in accessing community resources to improve health and quality of life.
The CHW works under contract with our health provider partners to provide community resource coordination for patients who have complex medical and social needs. As part of a team with Nurse Care Managers, physicians and social workers, the CHW receives referrals and seeks out solutions to non-medical problems which impact health, including assistance with financial and insurance issues, transportation, behavioral health, in-home services, legal assistance, etc. The CHW meets with patients in their home, in the medical office or at other community locations to engage them and connect them to their primary care practice.
* Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related Human Services Field.
* Previous experience in human services field, preferably in a community services or medical setting.
* 3 weeks of vacation in first year
* Birthday off
* 11 paid holidays
* 2 paid floating holidays
* 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
* Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
* Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
* Flexible Spending Plan
* Employee Assistance Plan
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
* Mileage reimbursement
* Employee referral bonuses
* Free parking
* Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than 37 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff.
We believe in:
* Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
* Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
* Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
* Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
Keywords: Waltham, Braintree, Milton, Weymouth, Hingham, Randolph, Holbrook, Boston, Brookline, Dedham, Winthrop, Rockland, Chelsea, Canton, Cambridge, Case Manager, Case Management, Housing, Mental Health, Managed Care, Social Services, Social Work, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Elder, Geriatric Care, Assisted Living, Human Services, LSW, LCSW, Licensed, Medicare, Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, Community Services, Medical, Community Health Worker, Health Care, Community Based Care
If interested, please apply at https://springwell.applicantpro.com/jobs/