Account Executive - Supplier Sales
Employment Type: Full-Time
We're seeking several Account Executives on the mid-market team! You'll get a chance to manage your own territory and handling everything from prospecting, coordinating internal resources, closing deals and then doing a seamless hand-off to our implementation team.
Once a new client is on-board, this account will remain as part of your territory for possible upsell or cross sell. SMB clients are constantly expanding and changing, so their needs change as well. In this role, you will grow business with a constant mix of new and expanding clients with a strong emphasis on net new customer acquisition.
* Managing a defined sales territory, which consists of identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities.
* Effectively execute your pipeline, using Salesforce.com to document and track account activity.
* Drive a value-based sales process from identifying the relevant contact and decision maker within an account, understanding their needs, proposing a solution, and closing the deal such that you meet/exceed quota.
* Collaborating with an account team to understand existing SPS relationships to get warm introductions to the appropriate contacts.
* Working to maintain customer satisfaction- responding to customers in a timely matter and making sure the customer has proper training scheduled with support teams.
What skills and experience do I need?
* Bachelor's degree + 2 years of work experience OR some post-secondary education + 5 years of work experience.
* 2+ years of sales experience, minimum of 1 year in a commission-based hunter sales role.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer engagement/support skills.
* Ability to translate and clearly communicate (both oral and written) business issues and technical information to individuals with varied levels of expertise.
* Leadership skills reflective of an entrepreneurial and innovative thought process.
* EOE including disability/ veteran*