Cert Nurse Assistant/Clerical Assistant Med Surg 2C
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for coordinating and maintaining the clerical functions and duties of a designated unit/program. Utilizes Customer Service skills when greeting patient/visitors and answering telephone. Demonstrates the ability to complete worklist tasks triggered by physician orders or nurse-generated tasks under the direct supervision of licensed nursing personnel. Provides direct and indirect patient care activities under the direction of a RN or LPN. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comfort, and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group of patients.
Demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with all patients, families, visitors and other employees regardless of cultural background.
* Utilizes customer service skills when addressing patients/visitors, physicians, co-workers face to face and on the telephone
* Organizes and performs clerical duties in epic related to worklist tasks, admission, discharges, transfers and death of a patient to assure pertinent data is recorded for present and future use. Complete worklist tasks triggered by physician orders or nurse generated tasks. Updates and maintains patient records as defined by organizational and unit policy to allow functional use by nursing, medical staff, and health care team members.
* Performs activities designed to support unit as directed such as ensuring compliance with environmental standards and participation in performance improvement activities, etc. Assists in maintaining adequate amount of supplies on nursing unit and obtains other items as needed from central supply and Par level.
* Functions as information source for medical and nursing staff, patients, and visitors. Relays written and verbal communication and is responsible for reporting pertinent patient/family observations to the professional staff.
* Provides general patient care such as bathing, mouth care and peri-care, dressing of patients, and changing/making beds.
* Responsible for positioning patients, lifting and turning, applying and utilizing SMART equipment, assisting with bowel and bladder functions, and ambulating patients.
* Prepares and assists patients with meals, feeds patients, removes dietary trays, and records accurate intake and output. Documents amount and percent of meals and fluids according to Intake and Output and Calorie Count procedures.
* Demonstrates ability to follow directions, both oral and written, and work cooperatively with other staff members.
* Has the ability to acquire knowledge of and develop skills in basic patient care procedures and documents care provided. Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements.
* Attends education programs to maintain and learn new treatments, procedures, clinical and clerical skills, and mandatory in-service days.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
* High school or GED graduate.
* Certified in the state where work is being performed
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
* Completion of applicable state courses
* Successful completion applicable state exam required for certification.
* Not listed on applicable State Abuse Registry.
* Must have CPR for the professional rescuer
* Basic math skills
Kind and Length of Experience:
* Successful work employment history