ER Tech for St. Michael's Elite Hospital in Sugar Land, TX
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. Michael's Elite Hospital
Emergency Room Technician (ER Tech) - PRN for Day & Night Shifts
St. Michael's Elite Hospital, located at the corner of Hwy 6 and the Southwest Freeway in the beautiful community of Sugar Land, Texas, is looking for Emergency Room Technicians who are highly motivated, passionate about customer service driven healthcare and exceeding patients' expectations.
The Emergency Room Technician is a member of the emergency room team that, under the direction of the physician and nurse, delivers care to patients with varying degrees of acute illness or injury. The purpose of this position is to assist and support the nursing and medical staff in the emergency room, to perform patient care, carry out environmental tasks, manage supplies and equipment, and maintain a cost-efficient operation for the facility. The ER Tech is accountable for the highest standards of patient care and promoting teamwork among the healthcare staff.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* BLS/Health Care Providers CPR
* ACLS Preferred
* PALS Preferred
* Medical Assistant/CNA/EMT Basic (Preferred)/EMT Intermediate (Preferred)/ or Paramedic (Preferred)
Education and/or Experience
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
* At least 1 year of recent ER Tech experience;
* According to the needs of the organization, some incumbents in this job class may be required to obtain additional specific certifications.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and processes as well as emergency department operations;
* Knowledge of Universal Precautions;
* Knowledge of basic anatomy and disease processes;
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations and requirements;
* Skilled in oral and written communication;
* Skilled in providing basic technical emergency care;
* Skilled in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands;
* Skilled in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications;
* Skilled for both pediatric and adult patients in the following areas:
* Saline lock insertion with blood draw
* Saline lock removal
* Performs laboratory procedures and records results
* Placement of patient on a cardiac monitor
* Performs EKGs and reports results to emergency physician
* Placement of patient on oxygen, replacing oxygen tanks as needed
* Urinary catheter insertion (straight/foley)
* Orthopedic application of splints, immobilizers, ace bandages, measurement of crutches with crutch training
* Wound Care - Irrigation of wounds, bandaging, dressing and application of topical medication
* Assist with pelvic exam and collection of specimens
* Vital Signs- blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature (oral, auxiliary and rectal) and pulse oximetry
* Performs CPR as directed by physician and/or nurse
* Ability to read and write in English and to analyze and interpret written company policies, manuals, protocols and/or governmental regulations;
* Ability to write reports in a concise and organized manner;
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, managers, patients, peer employees, and the general public.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area and volume.
* Able to calculate figures and numbers related to the field of Nursing.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Health/dental/vision/life, PTO, Retirement Plan
* Unlimited guidance and mentorship from some of the industry's top leaders.
* The opportunity to further your career and experience-level with a growing organization.