Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: UI Designer
Department: Design & Creative Services
Englewood, CO, US, 80112
Summary of Position
STARZ Entertainment is seeking a motivated and energetic UI Designer to help design the next generation of video experiences within the Digital Platforms team at Starz. If you are looking for a high-energy environment that prides itself on premium and elegant user experiences and looking to collaborate with like-minded designers, then STARZ is the right place for you to bring your talents.
In this position, you will work closely with the UI/UX Team, Product and the Developers to design and deliver the best customer experience possible across all Starz supported platforms, including native mobile, responsive web, and TV. You will work directly with the Product Owner and a UX designer to break down customer and business problems to discover effective new solutions. You will participate in ideation via brainstorms and design workshops and produce wireframes and prototypes to communicate and validate early ideas. You will create high fidelity comps at all needed breakpoints and sizes needed to deliver new features to development. You will support the development effort by answering questions and QA'ing the developed apps to ensure that the customer's experience is as designed.
* Develop style guides, design systems, software assets, and other related design documentation
* Work closely with Developers, Product Owners, QA and UX Designers within an Agile environment.
* Experience translating UX wireframes into compelling pixel-perfect renditions or providing visual design concepts that address specific practical and technical constraints
* Perform design production work for dev ready delivery via UX requirements
* Strong capability to articulate when to maintain visual consistency across platforms
* Keep a finger on the pulse of UI trends and are inspired by best-in-class visual design and cultivate a best practice approach to problem-solving
Qualifications & Skills
* 2+ years of industry experience in UI on web and mobile apps are essential; UX experience is a plus
* Excellent personal time-management skills and is comfortable managing multiple projects at once with minimal guidance
* Expertise in Sketch, Zeplin and Adobe CC Product Suite; Experience with After Effects a plus
* Experience in Agile development environments and software such as JIRA, Confluence and Asana
* Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills with the ability to confidently speak about your design solutions from a user-centered perspective
* Must be detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in user-centered design, visual design/graphic design, user experience or related field highly preferred
* Experience in the entertainment, cable, programming and broadcast industry preferred but not necessary
About the Company
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a 'best of global SVOD' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
* Full Coverage - Medical, Vision, and Dental
* Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
* Work/Life Balance - generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
* 401(k) company matching
* Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$73,100 - $92,500
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver